Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect multiple concurrent connections

Matish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Is it possible with Cisco AnyConnect secure mobility client to allow for multiple concurrent connections in macOS?

Actually, I need to connect to multiple VPN hosts at the same time as I need to connect to servers hosted in a different location which are using different networks

Please help me out
I have seen it can be done for the Windows os , but no solution posted for Mac 

@AnyConnect 

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just to clarify. You want to connect to 2 different VPNs at the same time using Anyconnect software?

If that’s it, it isn’t possible.

However, you can have 1 VPN using anyconnect software and another VPN using open-source openconnect software. This will allow 2 vpn connections at the same time. We won’t discuss about full vpn vs split-vpn, but it will work better with split-vpn connections.

Now, it’s not recommended and you can get some weird behaviour.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks a lot, @Francesco Molino for the reply.
Well I have seen in some of the old posts, this feature of multiple concurrent connections is available for Windows.
Any chance when it will be available to Mac users?
Also, can I have more than 2 connections when I use open-source open connect software, cause I checked their documentation where it's mentioned they support only two concurrent VPN

• Supports two concurrent VPN channels; the primary is over UDP/DTLS, and the control+backup is over over TCP/TLS.

I never seen this feature on Windows with anyconnect to have the ability to mount up 2 VPNs

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I am referring to this post , which has been commented as solution 4 years ago , Note- This solution for windows machine's only.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/cisco-anyconnect-multiple-concurrent-connections/m-p/3089008#M117299

Hi

It was about concurrent connections from different clients to the same vpn server (with the same credentials). Not two concurrent vpns from one client to different vpn servers.