cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect not working.The VPN Service is not available. Exiting

asrisay
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Windows 11 Pro. Just a month ago, it was working fine. Last Monday, when I tried to launch the Cisco Anyconnect app, it just shows the error message (see attached below). I have tried uninstalling the app (removing the Cisco files from C:\ProgramData\Cisco, C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Cisco) and re-installing the app numerous times but to no avail. I noticed that previously, after a successful installation, the Cisco Anyconnect icon will appear in my "show hidden icon" tab but now it is not appearing there. Furthermore, when I launch the app (even in Administrator mode), it won't launch immediately, it will wait a few minutes then it will appear in my system tray with the error message. I've tried to restarting the client in the services manager but receives Error 1053 message. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

2 Replies 2

ccieexpert
Level 1
Level 1

It may best to open a TAC case. if you are running secure client then you should have TAC support generally.. 1053 if you google it there are some suggestions.. maybe worth trying..

Thanks for the reply. I no longer have TAC support.