cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect - Roaming Security causes "The connection was reset", 100% Reproducible

hejing195
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is 100% Reproducible in any machines with Windows 10 system and Mac OS Mojave. I personally have tried on 4 machines, all have this issue.

The version of Cisco Anyconnect is: 4.5.05030

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.345. Windows Home and Mac OS will also have this issue.

Browser: any browser, I have tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, all have this issue.

The issue is, the moment you installed Cisco Anyconnect 4.5.05030 with roaming security function, some web pages can never be shown. Such as Steam, iqiyi.com and Youku.

Everyone can try if you can visit this link: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODMwMzc0NzE2.html?spm=a2h0k.11417342.soresults.dplaybutton&s=cc7df3b4454611e4b432

This is a video play page of Youku.com, which is the Chinese version of Youtube. I can visit youku.com, but after I click any video link, I get "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" or "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error.

I have installed Cisco Anyconnect on 3 computer, with different software environment, but they all same issue. One of it has just re-installed Windows 10 Home, still having this issue.

steam.pngyouku.png

4 Replies 4

hejing195
Level 1
Level 1

Diagnose report attached here

OK I know how to solve this issue. Quit the Cisco Anyconnect and then go to Service, stop two services which have name starting with Cisco Anyconnect...

hejing195
Level 1
Level 1

For Mac, type the following command in terminal will stop the Umbrella Roaming Security function and let you visit these inaccessible webisites:

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.aciseagentd.plist

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod.plist

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist

BiTBuGiN
Level 1
Level 1

Uninstalled Cisco AnyConnect from Mac OS Big Sur and rebooted and the video player from an anime site started working again. System needed a reboot for it to take effect. Cisco Anyconnect disabled the video player when I had the site reload and forgot that Cisco Anyconnect was still connected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: