cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect secure mobility client Disconnects after few minutes and keeps reconnecting forever

aelsaeid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having this problem with my Cisco Anyconnect VPN client for a long time now .. after i connect to the vpn and everything is working fine, suddenly the client gives a message reconnecting and it keeps reconnecting forever .. in this state most sites are inaccessible, not only the ones related to my organization but also general sites like yahoo.com .. i noticed that some other sites like youtube keep working. also accessing by IP is not working (so not DNS issue i guess) 

to recover from this state i have to disconnect from the vpn client .. at this point my internet works again and i can access all sites. and then after restarting the client i can reconnect again to the vpn successfully .. and then it works also for some minutes then again happens.

it happens intermittent sometimes after 1 or 5 mins .. sometimes after 22 - 30 mins  but i have never stayed a complete hour without having this problem .. this is really disturbing my ability to work from home

i use ubuntu 18.4

my machine is dell xps15 9560 with this killer wifi card

i tried removing and reinstalling the VPN client, reviewing my whole setup. i tried many of the online proposed solutions about  MTU issues, i also tried proposed solutions about my wireless card driver on ubuntu .. sadly nothing worked for me

i have to say that on the same machine i have windows on dual boot and on windows everything works fine .. so with this i eliminated the possibility for problems on my home network .. so my only guess that it is some incompatibility on ubuntu

i am really out of ideas and would appreciate any help

in many of the threads i read people were asking for DART logs .. so i tried to produce that to the best of my knowledge in a state were the problem was active .. so please find the dart bundle produced ..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aelsaeid
Level 1
Level 1

This was the solution i managed to find to the problem:

I needed to uninstall one component from the network manager.

sudo apt remove --purge network-manager-config-connectivity-ubuntu

Then the vpn connection remains stable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

aelsaeid
Level 1
Level 1

This was the solution i managed to find to the problem:

I needed to uninstall one component from the network manager.

sudo apt remove --purge network-manager-config-connectivity-ubuntu

Then the vpn connection remains stable.