cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco anyconnect secure mobility client not working after uninstalling cisco vpn client

gerard_gerard
Level 1
Level 1

I ignore if I am posting it at the correct place, so apologies in advance.

The issue is, I had the old cisco vpn client working ok with an external vpn server. Before updating to windows 10 I have installed cisco anyconnect, configured accordingly and checked that it was working as the usual vpn client.

Then I have uninstalled the old vpn client, and after that the cisco anyconnect is not working anymore. There're no error messages, connection appears to be ok, but there's just no traffic.

I have tried to uninstall and install it again and repair it. No changes. I assume that I have uninstalled something that a new installation is not re-installing. What can I do?

5 Replies 5

Router-support
Level 1
Level 1

Call 1-855-935-7526 US & Canada Toll-Free For Router Help & Support.

Official help and support Number for Routers. Links to Router customer support and technical solutions, set-up, help, and answers to top issues.

gerard_gerard
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: If I re-install the cisco vpn client, then the connection through ANYCONNECT does work. If then I uninstall it again, the connection through ANYCONNECT does not work.

How is that possible? If I am not using the cisco vpn client, why its installation is relevant for the cisco anyconnect?

UPDATE2: I do have a .pcf file from the old cisco vpn client. I have not used it for the anyconnect (I cannot as far as I know). Still, I don't see a relation that explains why anyconnect works when the old client is installed, and doesn't when it is not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Fabian Ortega
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gerald.

It does not seem like the issue resides on the PC but on the ASA. Can you share the configuration from the tunnel-group you are trying to connect to and if possible the NAT configuration:

1. show run ip local pool

2. show run tunnel-group

3. show run group-policy

4. show run NAT.

Regards,

Hi Fabian,

Finally today I have updated to Windows 10 and I am stuck with a non-working cisco VPN client. It says it connects but there is no traffic.

I have no access to the VPN configuration (it is a university) so let me know if there is any way I can obtain this information adn I'll do.

I have followed the instructions here 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12571806/anyconnect-re-install-windows-10-hanging

But without luck so far