Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect Start before logon. Cisco 1941

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Start before logon on a Cisco 1941. The closest instructions I can find for this are :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809f0d75.shtml

Unfortunately this is for an ASA due to this the below does not apply on the Cisco 1941 as the cli is different:

• On the security appliance, add the profile as an available profile to  the WebVPN global section, as long as everything else is set up  correctly for AnyConnect connections:

hostname(config-group-policy)# webvpn
    hostame(config-group-webvpn)#  
       svc profiles ReallyNewProfile disk0:/AnyConnectProfile.xml

• Edit the group policy that you use, and add the svc modules and svc profile commands:

hostname(config)# group-policy GroupPolicy internal
    hostname(config)# group-policy GroupPolicy attributes
    hostname(config-group-policy)# webvpn
    hostame(config-group-webvpn)# svc modules value vpngina
    hostame(config-group-webvpn)# svc profiles value ReallyNewProfile

• Can anyone advise on what I would need to do via the CLI to get Start before logon working. Below is my VPN configuration so far for the Cisco Anyconnect:

webvpn gateway gateway_1

ip address xx.xx.xx.xx port 443

http-redirect port 80

ssl trustpoint TP-self-signed-2717103300

inservice

!

webvpn install svc flash0:/webvpn/sslclient-win-1.1.4.176.pkg sequence 1

!

webvpn install svc flash0:/webvpn/anyconnect-win-3.0.10055-k9.pkg sequence 2

!

webvpn context testingconfig

secondary-color white

title-color #CCCC66

text-color black

ssl authenticate verify all

!

!

policy group policy_1

functions svc-enabled

svc address-pool "new" netmask 255.255.255.248

svc split dns "10.0.0.253"

svc split include 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.248

svc split include 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

svc wins-server primary 10.0.0.253

default-group-policy policy_1

aaa authentication list ssl_vpn_xauth_ml_1

gateway gateway_1

max-users 6

inservice

Thanks for any helps.

Andrew

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Thanks Jennifer

That's perfect

Andrew

Hi,

Can this feature be enabled for an IPSec Anyconnect client (FlexVPN)? It is quite clear it will work for SSL but I can find no equivalent documentation for IPSec.

There's a good TAC document here: link.

The example has the xml file as not using SBL, i.e.:

<UseStartBeforeLogon UserControllable="true">false
    </UseStartBeforeLogon>

But if you just modify that as referenced in the earlier link above, it should work.

i.e. you should use:

<ClientInitialization>
    <UseStartBeforeLogon UserControllable="false">true</UseStartBeforeLogon>
    </ClientInitialization>

Thanks a lot Marvin. I did look at that document... several times. In addition to some other links that mention the need to enable the VPNGINA (earlier that Windows Vista) or PLAP (Windows Vista and later). But I don't see a syntax to enable this feature for the IPSec anyconnect clients although it is well documented for SSL anyconnect. So apart from changing the XML file config, how does one obtain and integrate the .dll to enable User Start Before Logon.

The dll files are included with the AnyConnect package (pkg file) that one generally downloads from the ASA. They are also in the ISO distribution if you are doing a manual or 3rd party deployment.

Once you have activated a profile (via download from the ASA or pre-deployment), the VPNGINA or PLAP component of Windows will prompt the user for VPN authentication during subsequent logins as described in the AnyConnect Admin Guide.

The transport (SSL vs. IPSEC) is independent of that setting and controlled by the transport protocol section of the profile.

Ah, so that's where it is. I'll look into that. I would not have figured this out, the docs don't seem to give attention to this. Thanks again Marvin.