Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect ver 3.1.05152 and Windows 7 64-bit

zoran.suica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with Cisco Anyconnect version 3.1.05152 with 64-bit version of Windows 7. When I try to connect and authenticate with certificate (which  I have on my smartcard inserted in smard card reader) Anyconnect client can't find certificate and it says "no valid certificates found for authentication". Other applications, including windows itself, can normally see the certificate from card and it works fine.

On 32-bit version of win 7 everything works great, but on 64-bit it just can't find certificate anywhere on the machine (smartcard, local store...)

Has anyone had such issue?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Zoran

5 Replies 5

Vishnu Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zoran,

As far as I know about this error in Anyconnect 3.1.05152, I believe it is a cosmetic bug i.e. this error pops up but it does not stops user from connecting to the ASA. Please let me know if you are not able to connect to the ASA at all. 

Vishnu Sharma

Hi Vishnu,

I cannot connect to ASA at all, by using certificate authentication. I'm using smartcard reader with Active Client x64 (6.2.0.138) software for smartcard reader. When I try to connect to ASA for the first time from PC it just says: "no valid certificates found for authentication" and offers username/password because that is my default authentication. Then I connect with username/password and I connect successfully and I download client profile. Next time I try to connect, it prompts me for choosing certificate but it doesn't offer smartcard PIN entry and it also says "no valid certificates found for authentication" and prompts username/password.

Cheers,

Zoran

FedMedz11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zoran,

how you resolve this issue please advise.

Thank you,

Hi,

sorry for not replying earlier.

It seemed that the problem happened only on win7 laptops that belonged to my company (memebers of the company domain) and not on private PCs. Anyway, the problem was solved by upgrading Active Client software, and it seemed that it was not related to Anyconnect but more to OS/smartcard drivers/company domain policy (or some combination).

Cheers,

Zoran

Thank you :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: