cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect VPN with Starlink router

mitch.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Installed new Starlink WIFI and it is working great, but when I attempt to connect VPN I get a "Connection attempt has timed out.  Please verify Internet connectivity" even though the WIFI signal is strong and speed test is fast.  I am able to get it to connect by using my old wifi connection, connect VPN, the change to starlink wifi and it stays connected.

Starlink support states this: Does Starlink work with VPNs?

Yes. Starlink supports the following VPN protocols: TCP/UDP/ICMP. SSL based VPNs typically work best to traverse CGNAT. NAT traversal support is required by the VPN.

We are unable to provide support for troubleshooting services for VPN connectivity issues. The Starlink App also may not work correctly when using VPN. Please contact your VPN provider for further support.

Will enterprise site-to-site VPN or SDWAN appliances work on Starlink?

Yes. Like client VPN applications, NAT traversal support via TCP or UDP is required on the Starlink side of the VPN/SDWAN appliance. VPNs that rely on protocols 47 (GRE), 50 (ESP), 51 (AH), 115 (L2TP) are dropped by CGNAT at this time.

Any thoughts on how to get this to connect using my starlink wifi?

Mitch

1 Reply 1

Hamztir
Level 1
Level 1

I think its becoming very obvious that Cisco and no idea how to resolve this issue and other (hundreds) of threads complaining about the same issue (regardless of network backbone). The fact that google has thousands of threads containing the following description fault is evidence alone "Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity". Basically they have a failing product.