Replies

Cisco as VPN client troubleshooting

Ilya.Kazakevich
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure 857W as VPN client.

I do the following:

1) Enable vpdn

2) Create vpdn group with request-dialin configuration, appropriate protocol and initiate-to my VPN server

BTW, can I set domain name here instead of ip?

3) Configure it as pool-member 1

4) configure my dialer 0 interface to: dialer vpdn, dialer-group 1, dialer pool 1, dialer persistent.

What is the diffrerence between dialer pool + pool persistent and dialer in-band? Dialer pool allows On-demand dialing? But if it persistent is not it the same thing? Anyway, I want my cisco to always connect to VPN regardless interesting traffic.

I also set enc ppp and ppp chap .

My VPN server uses ms-chap-v2, how can i configure cisco to send appropriate login and password? Can "ppp chap" be used? Or I should use "username"?

After all I see debug:

*Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Di0 DDR: Nailing up the Dialer profile [attempt 540]

*Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Di0 DDR: Dialer dialing - persistent dialer profile

*Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Vi2 DDR: Dialing cause Persistent Dialer Profile *Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Vi2 DDR: Attempting to dial 2672676772

*Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Vi2 DDR: Unable to dial 2672676772. *Mar 22 22:47:02.291: Vi2 PPP: Phase is DOWN, Setup

As I can see here cisco tries to set up my di 0, that causes it to set up Virtual interface and to "dial" to my server, but dialing failed for some reason. Even PPP failed to start.

But I do not see any vpdn calling debug which is enabled!

What debug info should I enable to understand what has happened? Is persistent dialer could be used with vpdn?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

chan_tronics
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can you post your config please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: