Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco_cert_mgr.exe with password

Jeff_Tebbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the need to install the Cisco VPN client (v5.0.04.0300) as part of an MDT based build to over 200 laptops. This is not the issue.

I also need to import a User certificate and have found the cisco_cert_mgr.exe utility to run this. I can get this to work manually with all of the necessary switches, as follows:

cisco_cert_mgr.exe -U -op import -f <location and name of p12 file>

This runs successfully and I am rightly prompted to enter the certificate password.

BUT - As this is part of an automated build, I need to find a way of entering the password automatically, either as part of a script or using a switch. I have read up on the commands available using the utility but there is nothing about passing it a password. I figure I am not the only one trying to achieve this and as such I am hoping someone can assist.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

The cisco_cert_mgr command should have a stdin argument  which may allow you to send the password to the program.

cisco_cert_mg -U -op import -f filename stdin

Haven't tried it personally, so not sure if you have to pipe input in via < or some other methodology.

--Jason

Many thanks Jason,

I have found a suitable workaround that fulfils the need. I used the Send Keys command within a vb script to provide the password to the install.

Cheers

Jeff