Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Client fails with no valid certificates available

MP13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup our Cisco Secure Client / Anyconnect VPN so that it runs a script on connect to force a group policy update via "gpupdate /force".

I've setup the script in the correct directory and made a VPN profile to enable scripting however after doing so on the first connection it works fine and pulls down the profile but after it has the profile it then fails connecting with "No valid certificates available for authenticaiton".

If I change the preferences to "Disable automatic certificate selection" then it just fails with "Connection attempt has failed" straight away.

It sounds like after I upload the profile it's then trying to do certificate based authentication. Can someone point me where I might be going wrong or what setting I've missed as I've looked through multiple times and can't see anything obvious.

As soon as I delete the profile from the anyconnect directory it will then connect once again til it gets the profile downloaded then fails again.

1 Reply 1

MP13
Level 1
Level 1

Solved it just after posting. For anyone else in future - I had put a user group in on the server list thinking that was the same as the group alias on the VPN setup. Took that out and it now works properly.