cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client disconnects

larsent
Level 1
Level 1

I really do think this is a network issue, but I wanted to put it out here to see if anyone has had the same issues.

We have 5 or 6 users sitting on our corporate network who creat a VPN network to their own company. All of the people using this VPN get disconnected throughout the day. They will be connected anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes, then get disconnected. Once they reconnect they are good for another 5 - 30 minutes.

When all of the users create their VPN from DSL or other network they do not get disconnected. What could cause the VPN Connection to disconnect.

4 Replies 4

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Is your network saturated or facing problems with connectivity? Basically, the VPN Client sends Dead Peer Detection (DPD) requests every 5 seconds. If the network is too busy or down, the DPD are lost and when the limit set using the Peer response timeout value is exceeded, the VPN Client thinks that the remote peer is no longer active. You can configure a longer timeout value to overcome this.

hi,

could you tell me which paramaters can be modify ?

best regards.

fred.

I also have a number of users that get disconnnect randoming when using dial-up or a wireless connection card. What parameter are you referencing? I am running the 4.03A client.

kerry.whittaker
Level 1
Level 1

using NAT?

i think there some problems were NAT used with more then one concurrent UDP connection. Try using a TCP connection.