Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client for Linux - kernel 2.6.32

askurdjel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

I tried to find an answer searching the earlier discussion, but with no success.

I have a problem, regarding the Cisco VPN Client for Linux (32bit). The
latest version (4.8.02.0030)
running up to 2.6.25 kernel version, but I need it for the
version 2.6.32 (RedHat 6) or higher.

If there is any other Cisco VPN Client (everything except VPNC) which can be used with Cisco Easy
VPN server, it will be very good. Or if there is the newest version of
Cisco VPN client (even if it is a beta or some testing version), or patch for version 4.8.02.0030.

Hopping you will write back, I'm thanking you in advance.

3 Replies 3

Vikas Saxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately there is none. Any latest developement on the Cisco VPN client has been ceased and the focus is on the next generation client "Cisco Anyconnect secure Mobility client". This client may provide IPSEC cabality as well in future. Till then VPNC is your best choise.

Many thanks for your fast and prompt response.

Please help me to understand this... Regarding the Cisco Anyconnect secure Mobility client... is it works (curent version 2.5.2006 for Linux) as well with Cisco Easy VPN server, with full functionality, or it will be the future functionality?

What is Cisco Easy VPN server?

Are you talking about IOS? http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ftunity.html

AnyConnect does not have full feature parity with IOS as of yet. IOS is catching up fast though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: