Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN problem behind ISP Modem

poorprince
Level 1
Level 1

HI..

I am facing problem while connecting my VPN server configure at UC540 device. this device is behind my ISP router. i applied port forwording of IPSEC traffice to my cisco device  which configured as vpn server. now if i try to connect with my Live IP i get the following error

-----------  show crypto session detail  -----------

Crypto session current status

Code: C - IKE Configuration mode, D - Dead Peer Detection    
K - Keepalives, N - NAT-traversal, T - cTCP encapsulation    
X - IKE Extended Authentication, F - IKE Fragmentation

Interface: FastEthernet0/0
Profile: sdm-ike-profile-1
Session status: DOWN-NEGOTIATING
Peer: 124.109.38.91 port 2946 fvrf: (none) ivrf: (none)
      Phase1_id: EZVPN_GROUP_1
      Desc: (none)
  IKE SA: local 192.168.0.116/500 remote 124.109.38.91/2946 Inactive
          Capabilities:(none) connid:2034 lifetime:0

......................................................................................

192.168.0.116 is my cisco wan IP i added this IP in DMZ list of my ISP Modem and also forworded IPSEC trafic on it....

but still its not working,:(

I test if i connect using 192.168.0.116 internally it works but if i try to connect using my Live IP it trying and trying but not connect....

Please help me what i am missing....

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are 2 things that you would need to check:

1) On the VPN server, pls makes sure that NAT-T (NAT-Traversal) is enabled. This will allow phase 2 (ESP packet) to be encapsulated into UDP/4500

2) On the ISP modem, pls makes sure that you port forward both UDP/500 and UDP/4500.

Hope this helps.

4500 UDP port forwording is applied but how to enable nat-t...whats it command for cisco device..

Do you mind sharing the Cisco router config? just want to double check the config, and also, when you try to connect, can you please share the following

debug output:

debug cry isa

debug cry ipsec

Also, the following show command:

show cry isa sa

show cry ipsec sa