Helpful
Replies

Client Connectivity Problems

matt.austin
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a number of VPN Clients who are receiving the connection message,

"Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding"

I verified the settings, and nothing looks like it is wrong. I searched on Cisco as well, which turned up no specific information once again. Checked the information in the following links, but none applied. What do I do next? My client version is 4.0.4. I didn't notice any caveats associated with this client pertaining to the issue I am having either.

Thanks in Advance for your post!

6 Replies 6

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Matt,

Can you verify that the remote peer (PIX) is up and running??

Jay

I think I resolved my problem...

It is up and running fine though...

Thanks!

HOW?

In the environment that I am in, we and other groups control many ACL's. Some of our ISP's local addresses were blocked due to malicious activity. We found that another associate upstream from us was blocking a few ISP addresses that our clients had received via DHCP from. We removed the blocks and now they are working fine.

Previously I had also mentioned something about having client connectivity problems when they were trying to connect with the digital certificates on their Smart Cards. Well, this was discovered to be related to another associate as well, and was related to unregistered certificates because the CA registration server was down.Just another thing to keep in mind...

thanks for update.

/Tom

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

Check a few things:

1) spyware on your remote client? Download Adware or spybot search and destroy to clan your PC.

2) Connectivity issue? Check your ISP to see if your line is pulling errors. Update your NIC card drivers and modem drivers. Update your system BIOS. Check patch cords and cables. If a bunch of people are getting it, I would go with patch cord or NIC issue on the concentrator side or ISP issue.