Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection to VPN doesn't work with exclamation mark on Network symbol

samerafach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and not really professional in VPN stuff, though I'm an experienced computer user and programmer. I'm using Cisco VPN

5.0.07.0440-k9-x64 from the Paul Scherrer Institute on Windows 8 64-bit. The program was working previously fine, but at some point, whenever I connect to VPN and login, I lose connection to the internet, and nothing related to my internet connection work, and I see an exclamation mark on the wireless network symbol. And when I disconnect the VPN, I get everything back to normal.

I got almost the same problem when I installed Kaspersky Internet Security due to some suspicion on security, but then I removed it and everything was back to normal. After that, the VPN worked for some time, and again didn't work anymore at some point. First thing I tried is disabling the Windows Firewall, and it didn't help.

My network adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

In my network adapter, I can't change the TCP/IP v4 Configuration. When I double click, it says something like: "For the configuration of TCP/IP, there must be a network device installed and activated" (The sentence is translated from German, my Windows is German).

Is there like a "global reset" that would get the VPN to work again? What should I do?

Please advise, and if you require any piece of information, let me know.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

samerafach
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using now VPNC on linux. No more cisco! Crappy program and crappy support!