Views
Helpful
Replies

crypto map associated with multiple interfaces. cannot enable rri

Scott Reedman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having trouble configuring a crypto map for vpn clients so that I can use RRI to inject the static route into EIGRP. I have dual ISP's and creating a new map seems to appear on both interfaces denying me the ability to enabl RRI. I know I am overlooking something and I seem to be just going in circles online. Has anyone found a solid workaround for advertising the VPN pool to the internal network so my clients can access other remote sites within the company? Or is it better to just use a static route on my core switch connected to the ASA and use a route map to redistribute from there? I am using RRI on another site but it only has one ISP and outside interface so I have the ability to insert the set reverse-route into the map.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

3 Replies 3

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @Scott Reedman,

I did a Lab Recreate for your concern and I think that cannot be done, I got the following Error:

crypto map outside_map interface backup
ERROR: crypto map has entries with reverse-route injection enabled

I was searching for an enhancement request or a Bug but I didn´t find anything, I believe it is not supported since the ASA will add the static route once you enable RRI on the crypto map and since you have 2 interfaces it will create 2 routes for 2 different interfaces, that´s probably why is not supported. 

I think it will be better to handle the routing part somewhere else since from the ASA perspectie is not going to be allowed.

HTH

Gio

Thank you for the response and trying this I appreciate it. I was thinking the same thing but wanted to throw it out there in case I was overlooking something. I think I will do a route map on the core to redistribute the staic into EIGRP. I am currently using static routes at each location and the VPN clients are able to reach all locations once logged into the client.

Thanks again for your efforts.

When you recreated this in your lab, were you using an ASA5505/10 or a next gen ASA5508/16?

I'm running into the same issues however, I previously had rri enabled with a crypto map applied to multiple interfaces, although it was on a 5510 running Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(6)8 

access-list site19_l2l_vpn extended permit ip 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 172.16.19.0 255.255.255.0
!
nat (inside,any) source static obj-172.16.128.0 obj-172.16.128.0 destination static obj-172.16.19.0 obj-172.16.19.0 no-proxy-arp route-lookup
!
crypto dynamic-map site19 19 match address site19_l2l_vpn
crypto dynamic-map site19 19 set ikev1 transform-set L2L-SET
crypto dynamic-map site19 19 set reverse-route
!
crypto map l2lmap 19 ipsec-isakmp dynamic site19
!
crypto map l2lmap interface outside
crypto map l2lmap interface comcast-fiber
crypto map l2lmap interface comcast
!
crypto ikev1 enable outside
crypto ikev1 enable comcast-fiber
crypto ikev1 enable comcast

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: