Csico AnyConnect Error - No components loaded. Quitting application

NB117
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all well.

MacOS 10.15.5 Catalina

Cisco AnyConnect Version: 4.7.04056

On opening AnyConnect a pop up with the following error message 'No Components loaded. Quitting application.'
We have uninstall and reinstall AnyConnect to no avail. 

We use Jamf to manage the installation of AnyConnect and we have ran the below commands to try and reinstall to no avail as well.  Just get the above error again. 

Commands:  sudo pkgutil --forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn & sudo jamf manage/policy/recon

Our next steps will be to crate a new profile on the Mac and to test the AnyConnect again.

Before I do the that has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this error?

I have not manage to find anything that would help with this so far.

Thank you,
Nathan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never had this issue before. Before creating a new profile, have you tried installing the latest 4.8 version to see if this isn’t a compatibility issue?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Never had this issue before. Before creating a new profile, have you tried installing the latest 4.8 version to see if this isn’t a compatibility issue?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I shall give this ago today and let you know.

Thank you for the reply.
Nathan.

Installed 4.8 and it's now working.

If someone from Cisco AnyConnect team could look into a fix that would be great thou.
Might be dreaming there thou.

Glad it worked with latest version.
It’s always recommended to use the latest version specially when upgrading to latest macOS version.

Thanks
Francesco

kingdwight1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NB117,

I just got off the phone with a user with the same issue.  Had the user uninstall the previous version of AnyConnect just to start with a clean slate.  Had the user manually install 4.10 and at the end of the install they received an error...  

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

We followed the instructions on that screen and we were good after that.  Hope this helps anyone else that comes across this issue.  Unfortunately I believe it may have been a little too late for NB117.