cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daily Cisco AnyConnect Event Log warnings and errors

Ted Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked by my manager to try and track down the cause of so many "Warning" and "Error" log messages on nearly all of our remote employee computers using Cisco AnyConnect.  None of these users are actually reporting any issues while using Cisco AnyConnect, and it appears that they are able to use Cisco AnyConnect to connect to our corporate offices without an issue, however it would be nice to know if we have a software problem causing all of these "Warning" and "Error" messages that can be corrected on our end.  I've attached a Cisco AnyConnect Event Log from one of our employees laptops that is among the users receiving these constant daily error messages in the event log. I've also places a sample screenshot below.

It would be nice to know if these are errors and warnings that are common and expected because of possible network and internet connection issues and that we can just ignore them, or if it is something we need to look into repairing in our Cisco AnyConnect client installs.

CiscoAnyConnectEventLogErrors.JPG

Thanks,

Ted Walker 

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking through the event log I didn't see any obvious root cause to which the error messages can be attributed. You could open a TAC case and attach a full DART log - they have tools that can parse the multiple logs automatically and highlight any common issues.

I have found, with endpoint software (Cisco or otherwise) of any complexity, if you look deep enough you will see a fair number of messages that at first seems troublesome but often end up just being a reflection of imperfect programming that doesn't rise to the level of affecting functionality for the end user.