cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling Any connect in Cisco ASA's

kanwar
Level 1
Level 1

what is the best way to disable anyconnect in the Cisco ASA's.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The quickest way to disable a remote access SSL VPN (the most common type by far when using Anyconnect clients) is to turn off webvpn ("no webvpn") in configure mode.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The quickest way to disable a remote access SSL VPN (the most common type by far when using Anyconnect clients) is to turn off webvpn ("no webvpn") in configure mode.

Hi Marvin

Is it ok to disable anyconnect and enable it again when we want to use it? Also, can you provide me the command  to enable again?  Or we just need to uncheck and check this box (please see attached).

Yes it is OK to disable and enable as you need it.

The checkbox does from the ASDM GUI what I suggested from the cli. If you want to be more granular (i.e. only turn it off on a specific interface like "outside" you can just uncheck "Allow Access" under the SSL Access column. It is actually better to do it the way you sugested as you don't loase any of the other bits under the webvpn section should you want to re-enable it later.

In the cli, that equates to:

webvpn
  no enable outside

Re-enabling it is the same as:

webvpn
  enable outside

I always use the ASDM preference under "Tools > Preference > Preview commands before sending them to device" and recommend it to my customers. It gives you a good confirmation of what you have selected via the GUI and builds your knowledge of the underlying configuration.

We are trying to disable the Clientless VPN , we only use Anyconnect client. it was my understanding that webvpn was only for the clientless vpn feature. Please correct me if im wrong..