cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco AnyConnect VPN work in China in 2024?

jyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My company uses Cisco AnyConnect VPN in USA. I will have to work remotely in China during the summer of 2024. Does Cisco AnyConnect VPN work in China?

Thank you very much!

Jerry

4 Replies 4

Pavan Gundu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jyan,

If the AnyConnect client is able to resolve the domain name and is able to talk bi-directionally on port 443 (or the port you have enabled the AnyConnect on) for that domain, then you will be able to connect to the headend just like you would if you were in USA.

similar question was asked in year 2021 Link is Here 

please do not forget to rate.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Restrictions put in place by the Chinese government may change from day to day and prevent your remote access VPN from working due to interception or blocking of traffic per their long-established policy. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell for sure without trying it once you are there. Personally I would give it no better than a 50% chance of working consistently.

davidclarks
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco AnyConnect VPN may face difficulties in China due to the country's strict internet regulations and firewall, known as the Great Firewall. Consider alternative VPN solutions or consult your IT department for specific guidance.