cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the AnyConnect Client reveal your IP address to wherever it connects?

I'm not familiar with the AnyConnect VPN software, but I'm familiar with other VPN software that can hide/spoof your IP and make it look like you are in another state or even another country. I assume this is because wherever you connect checks your IP and knows exactly your region/country/location and even your ISP provider.

I have been doing some work recently where we connect to a VPN with the AnyConnect Client in order to make the server or wherever we connect to believe we are in another location; now this gives us access to the intranet where before we could only access it in a building located in a whole other region. From there once we are connected to the intranet we can work as normal using another app to work from a Virtual Desktop. Previously we would have to access the intranet from inside the Virtual Desktop so this can slow things down with numerous people using the intranet.

Now I don't know if Cisco has some software services that they provide for AnyConnect Client users, but my question now is when I connect to the server in order to access the intranet does the server now know my IP address, ISP, and my exact location/Region? Does AnyConnect share this information with wherever it connects or if it connects to its own server software?

Will this organization now have all my information?

0 Replies 0