Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic RDP shortcuts for SSL VPN

I could swear I read somwhere that there was a way to configure the Cisco ACS server (or a RADIUS/LDAP AAA Server) to pass a rdp:// type shortcut to the users bookmakrs when he/she logs into a SSL VPN portal and uses the AAA server to authenticate.  So for an example:

Sally is in accounting and so is Bill.  Both have SSL VPN access.  When Sally logs in to the VPN portal, a shortcut to create a Terminal Server connection to her specific workstation is there in her bookmakrs.  Same for Bill but Bill has a unique shortcut for his workstation.

Am I dreaming or was there a way to do this?

Thanks.

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
4 Replies 4

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

You could do this with an LDAP Attribute map.  Create a separate URL-List (bookmarks) for the users and then use a field in AD to map to the Url List.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/ref_extserver.html#wpxref12294

Thanks for the reply! This is something that I had considered -- but it would mean a separate bookmark for each user no?  If you have several hundred users... this could be tedious, not to mention a nightmare to police.  I'm acutually looking for a way to do this in a more dynamic fashion.

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

Yes that would certainly become unmanageable.  Maybe you were thinking of Macro Substitutions - which may work.

CSCO_WEBVPN_MACRO1

Set via RADIUS/LDAP vendor-specific attribute

CSCO_WEBVPN_MACRO2

Set via RADIUS/LDAP vendor-specific attribute

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asdm/6_1/user/guide/vpn_web.html#wp1160691

Certainly worth a second look, but at first glance I don't see how that would work since the substituion would have to be either a hostname or an IP address.  I guess if the hostname was based off their username it might work, but that's not the case here.

Is there a way to pass a url list via Radius attributes?  Those would be dynamic .. no?