Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VPN on Loopback

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a dynamic crypto map, which is applied to a Fastethernet interface - in this case everything is OK: I can connect and reach the cororate LAN. But when I apply this dynamic crypto map to a loopback interface using /32 IP vpn client connects and I got IP address, but I can't access any resources. Is there any limitation of Loopback interface? What can be the reason? Cisco 2811 is the vpn router....

Thanks in advance,

Bye

FCS

5 Replies 5

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

AFAIK crypto maps are applied on physical/logical interfaces through which the traffic flows. Forcing the crypto source only changes the source IP with which the negotiation still happens. Hence what you see is normal behaviour. Apply crypto maps on outgoing interfaces is the right way.

And is there any solution for use Loopback interface for this purpose instead of physical?

Thanks in advance,

FCS

I dont think so.... but why exactly you need the crypto map on the Loopback. You can apply it on the outgoing interfaces.

So on this router two P-P VPN are terminated and also dynamic VPNs (users from home). Two crypto maps are used on this and I don't want waste IP addresses for dynamic VPN termination, I plan to use /32 IP on Loopback and this would be the connection point for home users..

Can you explain your suggestion with config lines?

Thanks in advance.

bye

FCS

Well both P-P and dynamic users can use the same loopback as the peer for the crypto termination. It isnt necessary that they use a different source.

Iam sorry but iam confused wrt what u trying to acheive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: