Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN with LDAP Integration

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Currently, I have an EASY VPN Server on a Cisco 2911 with LDAP Intergration for user authentication.

Everything works well except for one aspect. When trying to connect to the VPN (IPSec Client) the user is prompted for the credentials which in this case are their domain credentials. When the user puts in the credentials is immediately prompts for this again and again for about 1 minute. It then takes them and the VPN is up.

When I check the logs, I can the see the LDAP connection going from Down to Connecting to Up.

My question is if there is a way to make the LDAP connection stay up or speed up this process.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

I had a long discussion with BU some time ago, whether LDAP is actually a supported AAA mechanism with ezvpn.

To which (at that point) they told me "no".

We thus filed a documentation bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud35798

(which is not yet resolved).

Whether this is in fact still a limiting factor, I would suggest either getting in touch with your SE or opening up a TAC case so we can check with BU.

M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

I had a long discussion with BU some time ago, whether LDAP is actually a supported AAA mechanism with ezvpn.

To which (at that point) they told me "no".

We thus filed a documentation bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud35798

(which is not yet resolved).

Whether this is in fact still a limiting factor, I would suggest either getting in touch with your SE or opening up a TAC case so we can check with BU.

M.

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

So I was able to do the LDAP though as mentioned its unsupported. It works but has a few quirks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App