cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable SSL-VPN 2 User Mode on 1921 Security?

nunnsby_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

Struggling to enable the "free" 2 user SSL-VPN tunnel on the a 1921 Sec-K9 with IOS 15.1(3)T. Using CCP to do the SSL VPN, and under SSL VPN Manager config and it keeps: "Feature License (SSL_VPN) assocaiated with this feature is not deployed on the device. You may be able to configure this device, but the configuration will not be effective until the license is installed. Use the link below to install the license."

I follow the link but I cannot enable any of the licenses. Also it shows 5000 user licenses and 1400+ days for valid periods.

I have NOT downloaded any SSL licenses, as I am hoping the use the so called 2 free user licenses, purely for admin, that are apparently bundled in the IOS. I am hoping to configure either WebVPN, or use the device purely for AnyConnect connectivity for admin and remote support, hence do NOT want to purchase an expensive 10-user license bundle.

Am I confused here? Must I go download a license for this device?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard,

I don't deal with licensing so feel free to double check me on this (with your local SE most likely).

Yes there should be 10 webvpn peers in HSEC-K9 license (I'm not sure if we're still doing SEC-K9 licenses, remember readin something about it a few months back - vide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51_484275.html ).

Out-of-the-box ASA will contain two licenses for premium webvpn features.

Anyconnect can do:

- SSL VPN

- IPsec (IKEv2 only) , recently it started working with IOS (previously it was only working with ASA) - although documentation is quite scarce.

HTH, but I would say, better ask your local SE ;-)

Marcin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard,

Licensing documentation is messy at best, we're working on straightening it out. There is already some progress but it's far from perfect.

Where did you you get the information about 2 "free" licenses for SSL on IOS. I know it's the case on ASA where we provide this feature by default.

Just want to make sure this is something we're documenting improperly.

Marcin

Hi Marcin

Thanks for the prompt response.

Hmmmm, after having read so many posts about various technologies, I must admit that it appears I am getting confused, or have gotten confused with WebVPN, ASA, IOS, and SSL.

Can you please confirm for me the following then:

SSL-VPN - 10 user "free" license available with HSEC 18xx/28xx/... routers. (includes Web-VPN)

2 Free SSL-VPN licenses with the ASA range. - Obviously I have gotten confused with this.

IPSec by default with a Sec-k( 19xx/29xx/etc 15.x IOS router. Is IPSec compatible with the AnyConnect client? Meaning can I configure the 1921 I have to provide EasyVPN to a AnyConnect client? I think it is SSL VPN only right?

SSL for the rest fo the platforms, or those not explicitly mentioned here must be purchased.

Regards

Richard,

I don't deal with licensing so feel free to double check me on this (with your local SE most likely).

Yes there should be 10 webvpn peers in HSEC-K9 license (I'm not sure if we're still doing SEC-K9 licenses, remember readin something about it a few months back - vide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51_484275.html ).

Out-of-the-box ASA will contain two licenses for premium webvpn features.

Anyconnect can do:

- SSL VPN

- IPsec (IKEv2 only) , recently it started working with IOS (previously it was only working with ASA) - although documentation is quite scarce.

HTH, but I would say, better ask your local SE ;-)

Marcin

Thanks Marcin, that's good enough for me.

I'll play around with the configs on the 2801s I have and use those instead of the 1921 for now.

Much appreciated for your help.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: