cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ERROR] Vpn connection terminated smartcard removed from reader

Erdinc.cann
Level 1
Level 1

When i connect the cisco vpn with my job server. I am trying to work but if i try to do something the program gave me an error "vpn connection terminated smartcard removed from reader" how can i fix it? Can you please help me about this situation immediately? 

Psi: Sorry for my bad english, i didn't use any translate program.

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is a configuration option within the specific group-policy created and assigned to your tunnel-group (connection profile).  To disable the setting it would look something like this:

#group-policy <name> attributes

##[no] smartcard-removal-disconnect {enable | disable}

Disabling the option allows VPN sessions to remain connected upon smartcard removal.  HTH!

Erdinc.cann
Level 1
Level 1

How can i access this options? Can you describe step by step ?

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Via command line is posted above.  You just need to know what group-policy is in use and assigned to your connection profile to ensure you modify the right one.  This would be something that I don't know.  However, you can view your vpn session to determine which group-policy is in use so that you are sure you are modifying the right one.  This can be determined several ways, one would be via:

#show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect

Note you have the ability filter on several items.

If you have ASDM access you can access the group-policy to modify via:

Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > Group Policies > Add/Edit > General.

HTH!

I am suffering from the same error. Thank you for the solutions you provided. but I don't understand these solutions much because of translation. Is there some kind of video shot as an example or an easier way? I don't know exactly what to search for on the command line. If I can't do this please what should I do to reset it? Will it continue to give this error when I delete and reinstall the cisco anyConnect Secure Mobility Client application? If so, what should I do to delete the traces left in the registry editor while uninstalling this application? Please take care to write descriptively. Due to the translation, I cannot explain my sentences to you very well. Excuse my mistake.