Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending VPN tunnel routing from laptop internet to mobile device

anant.gaggar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I came across a scenario where I have a VPN client on my windows laptop which is connected to Anyconnect VPN server in split tunneling mode. However, for connection to specific internet application, which I have whitelisted on my VPN server should be routed via tunnel only which is achieved in normal way.

for eg. my laptop when connected to vpn, when trying to connect xyz.com, it goes via tunnel and uses my DC internet facility to reach xyz.com

Now I have a mobile device which I would like to connect to my laptop (using laptop hotspot) and ensure connectivity to xyz.com via VPN connected Laptop and split tunneling routing profile (i.e. the packet should not route via my ISP as usual instead it should route via vpn tunnel and use my DC internet facility to reach xyz.com) - Is this possible ? or do we need to add some static route on my laptop to point to public IP of xyz.com towards my tunnel interface ? 

There is another option where i can disable split tunneling completely but again for mobile which is using laptop internet would it be routed via tunnel or via my ISP path as usual ?

0 Replies 0