Views
Helpful
Replies

ezvpn client on router to windows vpn server

ndi_kiyanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

is it possible to connect cisco router using ezvpn to windows 2008r2 server?

i spend a lot of time and got no success.

i'm trying to connect cisco 881g using ezvpn to windows vpn server (RRAS) usign pre-shared key.

or i should try to connect in any differ way ?  (for e.g. using vpdn on router)

pls refer me to some docs if it possible... coz i begin to doubt

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok, for LAN-to-LAN IPSec tunnel, here is a sample config on cisco router:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080194650.shtml

Just have to make sure that Windows 2008 server supports ipsec lan-to-lan tunnel as well as NAT-T if the VPN traffic will be passing through NAT device.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, ezvpn can only be configured between Cisco devices, not with a third party device.

thank you a lot for reply.

so in my situation (connect cisco to win2008 rras vpn) the olny one way  -it's to use cisco router as l2tp\ipsec client, right ?

and it's possible only with using certificate auth method..?

are you trying to configure lan-to-lan vpn tunnel between your windows 2008 server, or just vpn client from windows 2008 to cisco vpn server?

if it's vpn client from windows 2008 server, then yes, L2TP over IPSec will work, and you can use pre-shared key as the authentication. Don't have to use certificate if you don't want to.

lan-to-lan is also good idea . but cisco router in behind the NAT. so i'm not sure that lan-to-lan is possible. (exactly i do not know  . is it possible?)

exactly i need vpn from cisco to windows 2008 . i need to pass all traffic through win2008 gateway. is it possible?

i tryed to deploy conf like that:

pseudowire-class pw-class-1

encapsulation l2tpv2

protocol l2tpv2

ip local interface FastEthernet4

interface Virtual-PPP1

ip address negotiated

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

ip mtu 1492

ip nat outside

no ip virtual-reassembly

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap callin

ppp chap hostname *******

ppp chap password 0 ******

ppp ipcp route default

pseudowire 1 encapsulation l2tpv2 pw-class pw-class-1

!

bt no success.. on win 2008 side i can see (with MS NET MON) that some packets come from cisco. but vpn connection was not established.

ok, for LAN-to-LAN IPSec tunnel, here is a sample config on cisco router:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080194650.shtml

Just have to make sure that Windows 2008 server supports ipsec lan-to-lan tunnel as well as NAT-T if the VPN traffic will be passing through NAT device.

thank you !

i'll try to implement this solution today after business hours.

also the last question :

after i config lan-to-lan vpn  - will it be possible to make windows server as default gateway for cisco clients subnet? ( i mean will it be work after i set it as gateway?)

Once you have configured the lan-to-lan VPN tunnel between windows server and cisco router, basically you would configure traffic between the windows server LAN and cisco router LAN as the interesting traffic, and only those traffic will be sent through the VPN tunnel. All other traffic should be routed as per normal towards the internet.