Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover for IPSEC VPN.

qureshi_asrar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As per the diagram, need to know regarding the Ipsec vpn failover. In my diagram,from branch office, Serial-0/0 & Serial- 0/1, where S-0/0 is connected to primary internet link Via TATA service provider & S-0/1 is connected to secondary internet link via other service provider. At my HO,internet link is connected to my router on ethernet link.

As per the diagram, would like to know that, if IPSEC is running via primary link & if primary link goes down, wheather is it possible that automatically IPSEC Vpn would be shifted to failover link i.e. Secondary internet link.

Also, HO internet connectivity is on ethernet & need failover to be done using static routing.

Beside IPSEC Vpn & failover capabilities, any other protocols can be used, kindly suggest if any.

Kindy reply ASAP.

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are so many options that it's impossible for us to give you definitive advice. What I suggest is you either read the SRND or this book http://www.amazon.com/IPSec-VPN-Design-Vijay-Bollapragada/dp/1587051117/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268064085&sr=8-8

Hope it helps.