cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having issues with VPN client uninstalling - Win7 64bit

dgeorgeadis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PC with Cisco VPN client version 5.0.07.0290 running on Win7 64 bit. Connections to any connection entries idle for sometime before they timeout. The connections work fine form other PCs.

So far, I've repaired the client which changed nothing. I've also attempted to uninstall the client which goes no where and runs until I kill it from task manager.

I can't seem to find a way to manually uninstall the client in Win7. Does anyone have a method of doing so?

2 Replies 2

crbmag040
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are not able to uninstall it, try this.

1. Start in safe mode

2. Disable cisco's services and startup items in msconfig

3. Remove VPN client folder

4. remove all cisco vpn registry keys. use F3 option to find them

Finally you can use msicuu2 to uninstall it

In order to complete a clean installation use version 5.0.07.0.0440 (It's working on W7 i'm using it) also pls be sure to copy the .pcf files from one working computer (Profile folder) and paste them at the same folder in the other computer.

Pls let me know if you was able to remove it and able to using it

Thanks - Using the process you outlined I managed to get the client to uninstall. I reinstalled the same client as I don't have the latest version and it is not working again.

When I try and start the client, it complains that the service is not running, but Windows shows it as running and I can't restart the service because Windows can't stop the service. I've uninstalled it a couple of times with the same results.

Not quite sure how to proceed yet.