Views
Helpful
Replies

Header invalid, missing SA payload!

emmacisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community.

I am setting a L2L VPN between Cisco ASA and Cyberhome and get below error message on ASA and my tunnel does not come up:

Jun 07 07:08:36 [IKEv1]IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Header invalid, missing SA payload! (next payload = 4)

Jun 07 07:08:55 [IKEv1]IP =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Header invalid, missing SA payload! (next payload = 4)

Jun 07 07:09:36 [IKEv1]Group =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, IP =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Can't find a valid tunnel group, aborting...!

Jun 07 07:09:46 [IKEv1]IP =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Header invalid, missing SA payload! (next payload = 4)

Jun 07 07:10:06 [IKEv1]IP =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Header invalid, missing SA payload! (next payload = 4)

Jun 07 07:10:47 [IKEv1]Group =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, IP =XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Can't find a valid tunnel group, aborting...!

What can be the reason of this?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the tunnel group config of the concerned peer.

It seems either the IP address of the Cyberhome is incorrect listed on the ASA or we do not have any tunnel group configured.

Please verify both tunnel group name and the pre shared key.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the tunnel group config of the concerned peer.

It seems either the IP address of the Cyberhome is incorrect listed on the ASA or we do not have any tunnel group configured.

Please verify both tunnel group name and the pre shared key.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

emmacisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aditya.

Thank you for the answer.

The IP address of Cyberhome firewall is correct because I can ping it from my ASA. Tunnel groups are configure as well on both side but with different names.

Regards