cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to completely uninstall AnyConnect ?

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing an increasing number of problems where AnyConnect starts having problems on individual machines (mostly users home machines) where they wont connect to our ASA.  In the past, I have been able to uninstall and reinstall AnyConnect to resolve the problem.  When that stopped fixing some of the problems, I had the users uninstall anyconnect, rename their windows profile directory (Documents and Settings\Username), install AnyConnect and that would fix the problem.  We have now progressed to the point that even that trick doesnt work.  What is the best way of uninstalling AnyConnect to COMPLETELY remove it from the host machine ?

We are currently using the 2.4.0202 version of AnyConnect.  We were going to hold off on going to a newer version until AC 3 is released but with the growing number of problems I am started to have, it may not be an option.

Thanks,

Ron

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ron,

normally the uninstall process should remove everything, but to be sure you could check the registry for anything that might relate to Anyconnect (of course as always when hacking the registry, be careful not to remove too much and start by making a backup).

Now without more details about the actual problem(s) it's hard to say but please note that the problem might not be caused by Anyconnect itself, which would explain why re-installing it doesn't help. For example it could be another application corrupting the Windows driver database.

So personally I would recommend digging deeper into what the problem is exactly and what is causing it.

This document may help to get you started:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00809b4754.shtml

And of course we're here to help as well

hth

Herbert

Nothing in there that really helps my situation.  I have Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client installed from work on my WIndows 8 machine and it will not fully uninstall, repair doesn't work either.  It also randomly (yes randomly) and at boot time (always) makes me at least click on it and "connect" even though the gateway no longer exists,.. After I try to connect to he embedded/saved profile and it fails, I can then ping things and use my browser etc.  Someone please help