Helpful
Replies

I can't connect with server using VPN client

neoaguil17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I tried to connect to server VPN, but I received the following error:

The remote peer is no longer responding.

I can connect with the remote server using ping command, but i can't connect with VPN client....

1 Reply 1

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
Hey [@neoaguil17@hotmail.com],
Thanks for your post. I've had a look at your attachment and have had a think. If you can ping the VPN server then we have proved that it is up and that there is routing in place. It would appear that the communication path specifically for the ports/protocols that Cisco EzVPN uses is being blocked by something. Please can you ensure the following:
1. The EzVPN server has the necessary ports open on the outside interface to allow this type of traffic in. I'll include the needed ports/protocols that need opening for EzVPN to work at the bottom of my post.
2. Any firewall that you are sat behind with your machine also allows this type of traffic.
3. Your Windows firewall is disabled OR you have an exception rule to permit this type of traffic.
4. Any anti-virus software on your machine is disabled or has exception in place to allow this through. I know Symantec in particular is problematic with some VPN clients.
If this has all been checked/amended and you are still having issues then please recreate the issue and dump the logs from the VPN client under the logs tab (you may first need to enable logging first from the log drop down menu).
Look forward to hearing back.
Luke
* FYI - Cisco EzVPN Ports/Protocols
ISAKMP - UDP 500
ESP - Protocol / TCP 50
NAT-T - UDP 4500
IPSEC Over UDP - UDP 10000
IPSEC Over TCP - TCP 10000

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.