Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SEC VPN CLIENT FOR ISR 4000

rikelme10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a ISR 4331 with security license, I configured IPSec for remote VPN user in the ISR, but I found that the client VPN is EOL, Can I use a third Party VPN Client? or what alternative can I use?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @rikelme10,

Yes, you can use any other VPN client with the connection, you can use Shrew Soft. In the other hand you can use the Cisco Legacy VPN Client even though that´s EOL.

HTH

Gio

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @rikelme10,

Yes, you can use any other VPN client with the connection, you can use Shrew Soft. In the other hand you can use the Cisco Legacy VPN Client even though that´s EOL.

HTH

Gio

If you want to stay on a Cisco supported way, AnyConnect with an IPSec/IKEv2 setup is the way to go.

Can I get the Anyconnect App free or what kind of license of Anyconnect I need for that setup?

Regards

Is it possible to run AnyConnect with ISR 4000 IPSec/IKEv2 without AnyConnect Plus license activation?

If you want to use the AnyConnect Client,  you need the AnyConnect Plus License, also for VPN-gateways other than the ASA.

cflax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I know it's an old topic but did you manage to get  IPSEC VPN to work on the 4300 ISR

I'm facing problems with ISR 4321 and I'm using the EOL Client.

I also tried Shrew soft client

What's the IOS version you have on the ISR if I may ask?

Thank you.