Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone AnyConnect & Network Roaming

Hi there!

I have configured some iPads and iPhones to Connect to an ASA via AnyConnect (ASA 8.4(1), iOS 4.2.1, AnyConnect 2.4.4009).

I have configured the devices with the "iPhone Configuration Utility" (iPCU 3.2.0.267).

My question is: Does anybody know, how to configure the "Network Roaming" feature of the AnyConnect via the iPCU?

I can configure everything else correctly with the iPCU (server, certificate, connect on demand, proxy settings,...) but as mentionend NO network roaming!

Anyone an idea? Thanks.

Norbert

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is just an ON and OFF toggle for Network Roaming feature.

Here is the document for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect24/ios4.2-user/guide/iphone-ugac-ios4.2.html#wp113765

Hi Jennifer!

In principle this is right, but only if you configure the Network Roaming directly on the device.

If I configure the AnyConnect via the "iPhone Configuration Utility (iPCU)", then you can not configure this setting.

(The advantage of the iPCU is, that I can also configure the proxy-setting directly to the AnyConnect client and that after the configuration via iPCU all buttons and configs are greyed out, so that the user cannot change any settings)

I have found a doc on cisco.com (I have attached a screenshot) which says:

"The VPN configurations generated by the iPhone Configuration Utility do not support Network
Roaming. If your users require Network Roaming, use an AnyConnect profile."

Am I right, that I should make an AnyConnect profile on the ASA for this feature?

How can I bring an AnyConnect profile onto the iPhone?

And how can I configure "Network Roaming" on the ASA in an AnyConnect profile?

Many thanks if you can help!

Norbert

Ok, got it.

AnyConnect profile is configured on the ASA, and the profile gets pushed when AnyConnect connects to the ASA.

To create AnyConnect profile:

From ASDM --> Configuration --> Remote Access VPN --> Network (Client) Access --> AnyConnect Client Profile

Then assigned the profile to the group-policy: Group Policies --> Advanced --> SSL VPN Client --> add Client Profiles to download.

Hope that helps.