Views
Helpful
Replies

ipsec vrf-aware crypto map with two peers

s.pardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer connected to my company with a site to site ipsec vpn tunnel. This customer wants to have a second router that works as backup in case that the first router fails.

I'm working with ipsec VRF-aware and I have configured a profile for this customer and I want to configure both peers in the same crypto map.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to configure in the crypto isakmp profile two"match identity address" for two different peers ?

2. Is it possible to configure in the crypto keyring two two " pre-shared-key address" for two different peers ? can I use the same pre-shared keys for both ?

3. If a configure "set peer 1.1.1.1 default" and this peer fails, the connection will be established with the second peer. What happens if the default peer is available again ? Does the vpn tunnel remain by 1.1.1.2 or the vpn tunnel will be closed and the start a new connection to the default peer ?

4. What happens if the peers are configured without" default" ? first peer fails, than the connection will be established with the second one and if the second one fails the connection will be stablished with the first one and so on ?

This is my configuration

ip vrf customer

rd 5:5

route-target export 5:5

route-target import 5:5

crypto map mymap 90 ipsec-isakmp

set peer 1.1.1.1

set peer 1.1.1.2

set transform-set tset_3des-sha

set isakmp-profile isakmp_ABC

match address acl_ABC

crypto isakmp profile isakmp_ABC

vrf customer

keyring kring_ABC

self-identity address

match identity address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

match identity address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.255 -> is it possible to configure ???

keepalive 10 retry 2

crypto keyring kring_ABC

pre-shared-key address 1.1.1.1 key cisco

pre-shared-key address 1.1.1.2 key cisco-> is it possible to configure?

crypto map mymap 90 ipsec-isakmp

Thanks in advance for your help !

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The answer to most quesions is "yes, it's possible and it will/shoul work".

For "set peer" behavior. We do not support preemtpion in IPsec (AFAIU).

Have a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/security/s1/sec-s1-cr-book/sec-cr-s2.html#wp1966957785

Hi,

Great !! Thanks for your answer. It works.