cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE VM install question related to Disk Space on VMDK

jthullen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

We recently licensed for 10 ISE VM instances in our environment. We are trying to install the 3945 OVA file and it is forcing us to allocate 600GB for the appliance in the VMDK.  Per the install guide, however, the PSN only requires 200GB of disk space. This install will be for a PSN persona eventually, once its built and added to a deployment. So do we have to burn 400Gb for this? I am being told by the VM team that once the 600GB is allocated in the VMDK, it will not be able to be changed later to 200GB. I am told it can expand, but there is no option to shrink the disk size to 200GB. Almost seems as though the OVA should have been made to require a 200GB partition, then you could expand that to 300GB for Admin persona's and more for Monitoring persona's. As it stands, without the option to shrink the drive size, we are wasting 400GB unless I am missing something. Thus I am asking for your help!

Install guide where VM disk sizing is specified is located at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide13/b_ise_InstallationGuide12_chapter_011.html#ID-1417-000000d9

Thank you,

Jeff

3 Replies 3

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this figured out? We're setting up our first VM and same thing with the disk space and only needing 200GB.

Yes we did. Don't use the OVA, use the ISO then you can select the appropriate amount of disk space.

Thanks. We'll give that a try and probably just keep the VM we already made for admin and monitoring.