cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit AnyConnect certificate selection list to single option (CAC PIV)

Can anyone direct me to the details about how to limit the certificates that show up when using AnyConnect VPN client to start a connection?  I have about 4 certificates that pop up each time, 3 of which are system certs for things like InTune or O365. The only valid cert is our DoD CAC PIV certificate so I would like to adjust the profile if possible to either list ONLY that cert or automatically select that cert.  I would think the CAC PIV is the only cert on the list with "Smart Card Logon (1.3.6.1.4.1.311.20.2.2)" enabled.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@kenneth.kirchner you can use the AnyConnect Profile Editor to match on specific certificate attributes, thus automatically selecting the required certificate (ignoring the other 3 certificates).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/anyconnect-profile-editor.html#ID-1430-00000161

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@kenneth.kirchner you can use the AnyConnect Profile Editor to match on specific certificate attributes, thus automatically selecting the required certificate (ignoring the other 3 certificates).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/anyconnect-profile-editor.html#ID-1430-00000161

Thank you! That looks to be exactly it.

Also, I have this bit of config to help anyone else who's supporting CAC:

<CertificateMatch>
<KeyUsage>
<MatchKey>Non_Repudiation</MatchKey> ***REMOVE LINE***
<MatchKey>Digital_Signature</MatchKey>
</KeyUsage>
<DistinguishedName>
<DistinguishedNameDefinition Operator="Equal" Wildcard="Enabled" MatchCase="Enabled">
<Name>ISSUER-CN</Name>
<Pattern>DOD EMAIL</Pattern> ***remove EMAIL text, just leave DOD***
</DistinguishedNameDefinition>
</DistinguishedName>
</CertificateMatch>