cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X Maverick - AnyConnect

jmorsbach1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I just installed OS X 10.9 (Maverick), and my Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client has began acting strange.  Prior to the upgrade, the connection was always stable, however after the upgrade it disconnects and reconnectes about every 1-2 minutes continuously.  This is an unworkable situtation and wondering if there is something I can change with the configuration to alleviate this issue.

Thanks

37 Replies 37

Hi Jeff,

The folks in the Apple thread are running the wrong version of AnyConnect (one that does not have a workaround for the bug in 10.9). Version 3.1.04074 OR Later is required, but they are running 3.1.04072.  Since you are supposedly running 3.1.04074, please send a Diagnostics bundle to ac-mobile-feedback@cisco.com with your problem report and we will be glad to help look in to this for you.

You are right, I had misread the verion numbers.

munozm
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if the latest apple patch fixes this?  It doesn't seem to suggest so in

the latest release notes but just checking if there is a new update on the matter.

I'm no longer having the reconnect issue.

But I am having stability issues after running anyconnect.

Usually a reboot will fix things, but two days ago I could not get an IP address over wi-fi (anyconnect not running).

Rebooting did not help. An uninstall of anyconnect and then a reboot fixed things.

I can't isolate this to an anyconnect or 10.9 issue since I need to use anyconnect nearly every day, but the combination sure is not a happy one.

Any news on the actual situation? Should AnyConnect run again without problems withe the new OSX 1.9.1?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Apple has not released a fix in OS X 10.9.1, so you would need AnyConnect 3.1.04074 or beyond to function until Apple releases a fix.

Will Apple supply a fix, or are there plans for them to?

I have tested on 3.1.04074, and currently on 3.1.05152 without any issues.  Does Cisco officially support these releases, or should we  wait on Apple?

These versions are officially supported by Cisco.  Whether or not you wait for Apple is your choice.  We can assume Apple will release a fix, but we are not able to speak for them as to when their fix will be released.