cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacOS Catalina 10.15 Support

Rina5495
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Any connect client fails with an error. Error details can find here. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436 

In Summary,  it seems that 32bit software isn't supported in MacOS Catalina.  

Is there a 64bit version for MacOS? or a version compatible with 10.15? 

74 Replies 74

I am running AnyConnect 4.6 on my Mac running macOS Catalina, I dont have any issues.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Any one else have an issue where the anti malware check is not proceeding on 4.8 and Catalina?

AM-check-Cisco-anyconnect-bug.png

Although I don't have the issue with AnyConnect, I have had problems with other applications such as citrix and VMware Fusion. Installing the latest version of both of these solved the issues I was having. Perhaps try installing the latest version of AnyConnect.
--

I already have the latest version of any connect that our IT team can provide

Which is 4.6? Then perhaps try uninstalling it and the install it again. If that doesn't work ask IT for the latest version of AnyConnect. If they have access to Cisco software it shouldn't be a problem to provide only you with the software (AnyConnect predeploy).

--

Which is 4.8 - and the latest version that IT can support

I did the uninstall install dance a lot of times as well.

I'm planning to downgrade the OS today because I cannot work without the VPN working.

I have done a multitude of tests with different versions with the genius bar in an apple store and there is no way it works in Catalina. Finally we installed the Mojave OS again and it worked again without problems. The problem may come when updating Mojave's So to Catalina, which deletes 32-bit libraries not compatible with Catalina's 64-bits. The last test could come from zero installing the Catalina SO. but I don't have more time for tests, I need the computer to work.

Regards.

Anyone found a solution without having to format the machine?

Been on this machine for 1 year, don't want to go over installing everything again, plus cloning all the repos, seems like a waste of a day, virtual environments, docker images, etc...

Just to confirm that the error i'm seen is the one bellow, and the version of the the Cisco AnyConnect client is 4.8.00175.

"Posture Assessment Failed: Unable to download CSD library. Please try again"

That is what we are using, hence the post and the open case with Cisco. Thanks anyway.

I assume that you are double clicking on the AnyConnect install icon, yes? Don't do that. Instead right mouse click on it. You should get an Open option in context menu > Select Open > Then the next dialog box you see will be similar to the one you report, but it will also have the Open button added. Choose Open and voila. 

It's just a general tip to fix app cannot open in macOS Catalina issue.

Last night I started getting errors trying to connect to our VPN with anyconnect-macos-4.8.00175-predeploy-k9.dmg client which was installed pre-Catalina 10.15.3. This version of AnyConnect worked fine. 

In an attempt to fix the problem, I uninstalled via the AnyConnect Uninstaller and tried to reinstall. I rebooted before the reinstall attempt and after every uninstallation. Just trying to install only the VPN, it gets about 90% through the install and fails every time during validation.

I have even tried to install the anyconnect-macos-4.8.02045-predeploy-k9.dmg version (and even under safe mode). Still fails at the same place.

Any suggestions? It is now 6 Mar 20. I would have thought this would be working by now.

@Rob Ingram Thank you!! My office has downloaded the latest version and I'll try it later today.

Edit: The app is not working on Catalina according to someone who upgraded and is using version 4.8

Yep. Same boat here. At our institution we have had more and more people updating every day as Apple pushes their updates hard. The 64-bit version should have been finalized in 2017. Currently have a lot of broken Cisco AnyConnect installs.

I had a different issue but it's not working anyway.

I was able to install and connect VPN, however I can't access the remote network.

After to connect a VPN, and get a IP address is setup this IP with a gateway for remote networks.

Captura de Tela 2019-10-17 às 21.39.41.png 

when I connect from a Windows Workstation it sets up a default gateway correctly.

Has anybody had this same issue?