cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacOS Catalina 10.15 Support

Rina5495
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Any connect client fails with an error. Error details can find here. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436 

In Summary,  it seems that 32bit software isn't supported in MacOS Catalina.  

Is there a 64bit version for MacOS? or a version compatible with 10.15? 

74 Replies 74

We found the best way to get this working is to perform a clean install of Catalina. do not upgrade as you will get poor to no results.

jim.rice
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I think I found the solution, at least it worked for me. macOS Catalina 10.15.3, booted in Safe Mode.

1. Uninstalled any existing version of AnyConnect with the Uninstaller.
  2. Installed anyconnect-macos-4.5.05030-predeploy-k9.dmg (the 4.6.x and 4.7.x installers all failed)
  3. Start up AnyConnect from Applications
  4. Get Error Message to contact the authors as an update is needed.
  5. Without uninstalling the 4.5.x client, I installed anyconnect-macos-4.8.00175-predeploy-k9.dmg on top of it. Took a long time during registration, and the install worked.
  6. Tested AnyConnect by opening a VPN session. Success!

Hope this helps everyone else.

Jim

Hello,

Here's my issue: 

- install on Mac Mojave 10.14.6 of anyconnect 4.7

- run anyconnect => connection OK => VPN gateway force update of new client (4.8)

- update process kills current client, install new version => OK

- new version runs => connection OK

- click disconnect

- click "connect" => connection NOT OK (issue with "Posture Assessment: Failed unable to download csd library") and anyConnect version was 4.8

EDIT: with AnyConnect 4.7, it's working, but not with 4.8. I had the VPN Gateway updated to push for 4.7 and not the 4.8 version.

Any idea?

Thanks for support

Hi,

When I was on 10.14 I just installed 4.8.00175 and thought nothing about it as it went in fine. Of course that updated the 4.5.x that was already installed. The 4.8.000175 worked great.

Then, I think when I updated to macOS 10.15.3 I could not get the VPN service to start.

I could not get 4.6 or 4.7 to install. Each time I received an Installation Failure at the 90-95% point.

I uninstalled each failed attempt and performed more restarts than I’ve done since going Mac in 2008.

Then, with a clean machine I tried 4.5.x that I had just held onto. To my surprise, it worked. Next, I installed the 4.8.000175 version on top of the working 4.5.x version. This time the installation succeeded. It did take a long time to finish.

I was now able to connect to several VPNs. The next day it continued to work and has continued to work.

The clean install of 4.5.x followed by the install of 4.8.000175 on top worked for me. I never had a problem with the AnyConnect client until this problem surfaced.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Same issue for me with the "Posture Assessment Failed: Hostscan CSD prelogin verification failed." error.

My OS is macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

AnyConnect clients 4.7.x and 4.8.x: failure.

If someone has any idea...

Thank you very much.

Please try a clean install of 4.5.x. Seems to take a long time. After the successful install, install 4.8.x on top if 4.5.x. It will also seem to take a long time.

This is the process that worked for me. Before installing 4.5.x be sure to use the Uninstaller and restart.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

is there an official solution that actaually works? My proffessional macbook still has the 4.5 version and was updated to Catalina and now I cannot connect anymore. Where can I download the latest version from?

Hi,

I’ve tried all of the suggestions made in several VMware forums and other sites. So far, I am not finding anything that works.

I’m definitely open to other suggestions as everything else from uninstalling all aspects/rebooting/reinstalling didn’t work. The manual work with the kext files did not work. Manually resetting all through tccutil and then manually inserting access values to Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db did not work (yes, I did disable SIP before and reenable it after), the three other kext files load (only vmmon does not), there is no button on the Privacy Tab, issuing the command “/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add EG7KH642X6” from a terminal window in Recovery Mode does not work either.

I have opened a ticket with VMware and uploaded several diagnostic reports. I’m hoping we can find a workable solution quickly.

Jim

Hi

you need uninstall old version of any connect.
After do this install least version available 4.8.

I had other issues about certificates, solved this issues throug key access and mark the certificates used for VPN to always Trust.  

I've installed the newest version that I could find (4.8.02042) and I'm still getting the failed library error.

What worked for me was to completely uninstall the 4.8.00175 version, reboot, install the 4.5.x version. 4.5 worked for me. Next I installed the 4.8.00175 version on top of the 4.5 version. Everything continued to work.

Although I haven’t done a full analysis of the issue as it is now working for me, I’m suspecting that one of the kext files used by Gatekeeper is not successfully getting registered. I’m having to deal with this issue with another application.

Did you go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy to see if the extension is getting blocked and you need to click the button to allow?

HTH

Hi viniciusdasdores,

Yes, I went through the complete uninstall/reboot/reinstall of anyconnect-macos-4.8.00175-predeploy-k9.dmg (which was working before my upgrade to Catalina) several times. It would not establish the vpn session.

I had to go all the way back to anyconnect-macos-4.5.05030-predeploy-k9.dmg before I could get the client to establish a session and connect. Next, without uninstalling 4.5, I reinstalled 4.8.00175 on top of it and everything was happy again.

HTH,

Jim

It looks like I need to login to download the 4.8 with our corporate account (which I personally do not have access to)

Just so that I understand correctly, the Cisco VPN client is a paid software that doesn't work on macOS Catalina that was released 7 month ago?

@jim.rice wrote:
Hi viniciusdasdores,

Yes, I went through the complete uninstall/reboot/reinstall of anyconnect-macos-4.8.00175-predeploy-k9.dmg (which

dfdf

I would also download the 4.5.x version as I had to do a clean install with 4.5.x before I could get AnyConnect to work. Then, I installed the 4.8.00175 on top of the 4.5.x. Everything continues to work. I have not tried any newer versions on top of 4.5.x, only the 4.8.00175. I don’t want to take the chance of messing things up again now that I have it working and am limited to only working from home due to the pandemic.

Good luck

Just patched AnyConnect to 4.8.03052 and now it finally works fine for me in Catalina 10.15.4 :)