cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

macOS: The VPN client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot

I have seen the error message "The VPN client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot" linked to Windows installs and Internet Connection Sharing turned on.  I have AnyConnect version 4.8.01090 installed on a late 2014 Mac mini running macOS 10.15.1 (Catalina) and that error message started appearing in an alert after enabling AnyConnect. I have nothing similar to "Internet Connection Sharing" turned on on the Mac.  

The problem initially appeared with 4.8.00175 running.  I had moved:

• /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagent.plist
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.gui.plist

to the desktop to try to prevent the UI from starting even when the VPN service was not needed.  This prevented the service from starting.  I moved:

• /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagent.plist

back, and the VPN service worked, but the error messages started. I ran "Uninstall AnyConnec.app" to uninstall 4.8.00175, rebooted and re-installed 4.8.00175, but the error messages continued.  When 4.8.01090 came out, in uninstalled 00175, rebooted and installed 01090.  Before the installer completed, the error messages returned.

Any ideas/suggestions?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: