Views
Helpful
Replies

maximum session VPN 3015

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

It was just brought to our attention that we have reached max sessions on the VPN 3015 concentrator (100 max sessions). I would like to swap this out with a VPN 3030 (1500 max sessions). But I have a couple of questions.

1. Which entry on the group will disconnect personnel after, let's say, 20 minutes of inactivity?

2. Can I basically just back up the configurations of each concentrator and restore so that all we lose is the time it takes to make the physical swap out?

Thanks

Dwane

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I think to configure auto disconnect after an idle period first go to Configuration | User Management | Groups | Modify IPSec TAB.Check what is the IPSec SA. Then go to Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Security Associations | Modify. Configure the Time Lifetime to required time. Apply the changes

Then take a look on the IKE Proposal, Go to Configuration | Tunneling and Security | IPSec | IKE Proposals, Select and modify the proposal in order to use Time Lifetime= required time. For second question, I think you can copy the same configuration to new concentrator.

These are great ideas. Thanks.