Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple BRI to one PRI RAS

kirancpant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

client wants to use ISDN for RAS connectivity. At remote site, BRI is planned. around 20 remote locations will be connected simultaneously to central office using single PRI at central office. Central office is already equipped with a 2851 router.

My query is, can I install a PRI NM in central office 2851, to facilitate multiple connections from remote locations (multiple BRI to a single PRI)? Is there anything additional to PRI NM required?

Pls suggest, thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can install ISDN PRI NM to this router.

The part number is: NM-1CE1T1-PRI (1-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module)

And you can order PRI cable (CAB-E1-PRI)

Plz. rate if it does!

Thanks

Abd Alqader

Thanks Hjhamad,

Actually it is known to me that CE1T1-PRI can be installed in this router, but my actual problem is , to facilitate multiple BRI remote connections to this NM. Can you pls suggest that it is possible to permit multiple BRI RAS sessions on this NM, without anything additional?

thanks

Yes, without additional hardware equipments.

at this NM, you can create multiple dialer interfaces, each dialer interface for each remote BRI access. With dial-on-demand routing.

Thanks

Abd Alqader

Thanks Alquadar,

I suppose now I can connect 20 remote offices to my central office, using BRI single channel at remote offices and one PRI NM at central office.

I will rate your reply once I succeed, till then, cross fingers for me, and any other suggestions of your are welcome.

Regards,

K C Pant

But take care that the E1 PRI has only 30 B channels (30* 64 kbps) data channels.

Good Luck

Abd Alqader