Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Access Manager - Windows 10 - not dropping wifi supplicant

patrickm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, here is the situation . 

OK first of all, english is not my primary language, so I will try to explain my best.

We use Windows 10 - 1703 in combination with AnyConnect 4.5.00058.

The problem we have, is that anyconnect is not completely taking over wifi management.

If a user try to connect to a wifi network using the windows 10 wifi manager, it works and ignores the fact that anyconnect is installed.  And over times, it creates a conflict with anyconnect and anyconnect stops working (service is not availble, etc etc)  The only wayt to fiux this is to use the windows 10 network reset tool and forget saved wifi.

Back when we used Windows 7, if a user tried to connect to a wifi network using windows, the connection never established, and we only had to explain to the user that he had to use the anyconnect.

But with windows 10, the user can still use windows wifi suplicant to connect. 

We also tried with anyconnect version 4.5.02036 and the problem is still there.

Can you help me ? 

Thank  you

EDIT : Sorry I forgot to mention: We dont use the VPN function, We use anyconnect only for NAM for managing the WiFi connection

17 Replies 17

Once deleted you must reboot the PC and it will automatically reinstall at startup. This resets the adapter and seems to resolves the issue.

Please check if MAC address randomization is enabled on the laptop. Currently NAM does not support that option.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027925/windows-how-and-why-to-use-random-hardware-addresses

Thanks a lot! It's all due to MAC address randomization!Snipaste_2023-02-06_10-33-05.png