cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Design: Remote dial-up converted to VPN tunnelled to main site.....

lisasmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We are planning on outsourcing our dial-up accounts to a local ISP. We hope to then aggregate these calls at the local ISP site and have them push the connections through their Internet connection to our main network via VPN, to allow the end user full access to our network resources, Internet, etc. At our main site I have a Cisco 3000 series concentrator. We have been using VPN for some time allowing our users to connect directly to us through their home ISP’s, but not in this aggregated sense through dial-up from another ISP.

I have been reading about the Easy VPN option and thought about placing a router at the local ISP site that could somehow accept the aggregated dial-in calls and then communicate with our Concentrator to allow this to happen. I'm not sure this is possible.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of scenario that can offer me some guidance as to how to proceed and what network design might work best to meet our needs? Any sites to research for information would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa Smith

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Before you can connect the PIX Firewall Easy VPN Remote device to the Easy VPN Server, you must establish network connectivity between both devices through your Internet service provider (ISP). After connecting your PIX Firewall to the DSL or Cable modem, you should follow the instructions provided by your ISP to complete the network connection. Basically, there are three methods of obtaining an IP address when establishing connectivity to your ISP:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/pixclnt.htm