Replies

No internet access when Eazy VPN tunnel is on

Master Blaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm troubleshooting an internet issue on CISCO 800 series router

Router setup as an EZ VPN client

When EZ VPN tunnel is on I cant see any IP NAT translations and users cannot access web as well 

cannot ping from vlan 1

ping 8.8.8.8 source vlan 1 -failed

Ping and web access ok before configure the EZ VPN

much appreciate if someone could help me to resolve this annoying issue

I have attached  the config file and output here

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

S-Lemming
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like all traffic is going through the tunnel, for internet access you will need a NAT rule at the EZVPN server to translate the client-side network.

If you want internet traffic to use the local breakout you need to configure split-tunneling like pjain2 said.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pjain2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the ezvpn server? If it is an ASA, do you have split-tunneling configured?

If there is full tunnel, then all the traffic including the internet traffic could be going through the vpn tunnel.

Hello all thanks for the comments .

VPN server is CISCO 881 router

all other VPN clients (routers and software VPN) working ok and I can see active NAT table on other routers and main router as well.

cant find any reason why this router not send traffic via correct interface.

I just changed Ez VPn client config  with nat allow command and I got internet access and NAT also start working through VPN . (this is not what I want).

anyway  still web pages not loading on browser but i can tracert form windows PC and nslookup also resolve DNS names.

trace route shows all traffic going through main router WAN interface .

could someone please let me know how to check split- tunneling config on main router

S-Lemming
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like all traffic is going through the tunnel, for internet access you will need a NAT rule at the EZVPN server to translate the client-side network.

If you want internet traffic to use the local breakout you need to configure split-tunneling like pjain2 said.