cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On ASA, what is the command line syntax to view how many users are connecting with a specific connection-profile

diana.contreras
Level 1
Level 1

Need to  generate a list of user id's on an  existing "connection-profile" that will be decommissioned.

I see it on the ASDM GUI  [Monitoring/Sesions/Filter by All Remote Access/Connection  Profile/ (name of profile)]  I need to generate a list that I can import to excel sheet. Looking for CLI syntax to accomplish this task. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think there is a direct filter option for the CLI version of the corresponding vpn-sessiondb command. But you can try the following to get the List of users connected on the ASA and the Tunnel-group / Group-policies they are connected to.

sh vpn-sessiondb anyconnect | in Username|Group

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think there is a direct filter option for the CLI version of the corresponding vpn-sessiondb command. But you can try the following to get the List of users connected on the ASA and the Tunnel-group / Group-policies they are connected to.

sh vpn-sessiondb anyconnect | in Username|Group

Hi Rahul, I used your suggestion.(show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect | in Username|Group)
1) The command gave me all the Policy Groups, which I imported into an excel spreadsheet.
2) Did a replace all for the group name and highlighted in RED.
3)Once the group name was highlighted I was able to delete the other groups and narrow down the list to the 66 user-id's associated with the group policy i was looking for.

Here is a snippet  of the output which I then manipulated in excel:
ASA5585-CORP# show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect | in Username|Group
Username : first.lastname@gmail.com Index
Group Policy : US-default-employee-vpn-access
Tunnel Group : guest-policy
Username : First.lastname@gmail.com Index
Tunnel Group : corporate-policy
Username : First.lastname@gmail.com
Tunnel Group : hosting-policy