cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One ASA with two Outside Interfaces for SSL VPN

cisco_jr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirment for implmenting SSL VPN for two diffrent profiles using two diffrent outside interfaces on the same ASA. 

Example:

Anyconnect Profile 1 = windows

Anyconnect Profile 2 = mac 

I have two outside interfaces with internet access 

Outside  ==  1.1.1.1  = attach Profile 1

Outside2 == 2.2.2.2 = attach Profile 2

For Example, when a user initiate a connection to 

winvpn.example.com  =  the user will connect the windows profile, which will be attched to the outside interface

macvpn.example.com = the user will connect the mac profile, which will be attched to the outside2 interface

I know there is an easy way to do this with "A" DNS records, but that option is not avilable with Frontend DNS loadbalcer we are using, which requires cname forwarding. 

I will greately appreciate for any insights/inputs. 

We are using Azure Traffic Manager 

16 Replies 16

So, this might work for me, but one issue i noticed is that, on the Anyconnect side, the SAML SSO authentication process is too fast for me to pick the correct group-alias from the pull down list before it automatically authenticate and connect to the first group-alias in the list. It's fast, maybe 3 second or so. Anything i can do about this?

Any feedback on how to increase the time for the group selection banner, so i have more than  3 seconds  to select the apropriate alias. Right now, it automatically selects the first alias in the list and auto connects.  No time to select a diffrent alias from the pull down option. 

Any hint or suggestion how i can  make this work?